Stars & Stripes Candle Jar
Get some stars and stripes forever fever with this upcycled jar. Throw a star spangled celebration on everything with a couple Rub-N-Etch STARS Stencil Sheets, Pinstripe Border Tape and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. America themed jar creations are fun additions to holiday themed tablescapes. They can be individualized for family or guests, used as luminaries with flameless candles or filled with treats and treasures to be given as gifts.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #20-0402 Rub N Etch Stencil-STARS-(2x)
- #25-4000 Pinstripe Border
- #60-6908 Mini Glass Flower Pot
- 86-7321 Glass & Ceramic Markers
- Glass Jar
- Flameless Votive Candle
- Star Embellishments
- Festive Ribbon
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, place the pinstripe border on the jar to make stripes. Leave gaps in the stripe lines for where you will be etching the stars. Remember, you will be etching between the lines to make the stripes and the open ends must be taped off too.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the jar.
- Follow the Rub-N-Etch instructions to position stars in the gaps of the stripes on the jar and along the top edge of the flower pot. Use the etching cream, as before, to etch these onto the glass.
- Use the blue and red markers to make dotted line patterns on the glass as shown. Glue star embellishments into the center of the etched stars. Place the flower pot into the mouth of the jar and tie on the ribbon.
Article Posted: 02/14/2018 03:32:46 PM