Sea Sun Sand SUMMER
Sea? Yep. Sun? Check. Sand? Uh-huh. Must be... SUMMER!! Oh yes! Bye bye snow and cold! We are having a hot time in the summer with our three favorite beach items- sea, sun and sand. This design will have you feeling all beachy any day of the year thanks to the Paradise and Water Birds Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.. We upcycled an old vase for this design. Can't you just imagine it on a counter in your home filled with lemons or shells and sea glass?
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1665 Over N Over Stencil-PARADISE
- #21-1683 Over N Over Stencil-WATER BIRDS
- #16-1617 Over N Over Stencil-WEDDING FONT
- Tall Hurricane Vase
Preperation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the vase, draw a centerline down the back. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. On the front of the glass, beginning at the top of the glass, place the lighthouse on the right of the centerline. Follow this with the trees on the left and bellow the lighthouse, then the cloud on the lower right. At the bottom of the glass, place the M on the right of the centerline, followed by the E and R and ending with the flower.
- Follow the etching cream instructions to etch these onto the glass.
- Finish the rest of the word summer beginning with the M on the left side of the centerline and working backward. Place the beach chair after the cloud and the waves after the lighthouse. Use the etching Cream, as before, to etch these onto the glass.
Repeat the process of adding and etching letters to fill in the remaining words.
Article Posted: 09/05/2019 10:33:54 AM