Love is Bold
Bold and provocative, this design accentuates the character of the heart it lies upon. Everything you see here was achieved by the creative use of a corner stencil from the Corners Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream. We used an antique glass heart shaped decanter for this design. What will you find to boldly etch your heart upon?
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21- 1691 Over N Over stencil- CORNERS
- Brown heart shaped bottle
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously and it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- This design also used a masking technique which allows for the selective use of certain parts of a stencil in specific locations.
- After preparing the glass, place the top corner point on the bottom of the heart and follow the etching cream instructions to etch the corner onto the glass.
- Turn the corner sideways so one point was near the center of the bottom corner and the other point reaches up to the top of the heart. Cover the center point with masking tape. Use the etching cream as before to etch this onto the glass. Repeat this on the opposite side. of the heart.
- Place the corner in the same position as the first time in the center empty space. Cover the outer parts of the corner with masking tape and use the cream to etch the center part onto the glass.
- Finish off the top of the heart with the center of the corner nestled in to the previously etched corner pieces as shown. Use the etching cream to etch this onto the glass to finish the heart.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:54:43 PM