Love You to Death
Put a spooky spin on your expression of devotion with this Love You to Death design! Make wonderfully wicked works of gloom and doom with the Halloween, Holiday Assortment and Bones Alpha Over N Over Glass Etching Stencils and some Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream.This red vase was the perfect backdrop for our creepy creation but you can upcycle any vase or vessel you wish. Try using this on a black urn for a spooktacular presentation!
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #21-1667 Over N Over Stencil-HALLOWEEN
- #21-1681 Over N Over Stencil-HOLIDAY ASSORTMENT
- #21-1693 Over N Over Stencil-BONES ALPHA
- Red Vase
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- This design was etched in stages.The technique allows the use of a particular stencil image multiple times on the same project when you don't have enough to etch all simultaneously. Additionally, it enables stencil images to be placed in closer proximity than the stencil borders would otherwise permit.
- After preparing the glass, place a tree just under the bend in the vase and follow the etching cream instructions to etch this onto the vase.
- From under the tree, draw a level horizontal line across the back of the vase as a guide for the other elements. Looking through the back, place the cemetery scene level on the line and as close to the tree as possible. Use the cream, as before, to etch this onto the glass.
- Looking through the back of the vase, place the second tree on the line and as close to the cemetery scene as possible. Place the bats above the tree and use the etching cream to etch the tree and bats onto the vase.
- Measure the distance from the outer edge of one tree root to the other and mark the middle. Draw a centerline down the back on that mark. See the centerline tutorial if necessary. Center the I love you under the cemetery and the letters for to death. See the lettering tutorial if necessary. Use the etching cream to etch the words onto the vase.
- Beginning in the middle, make a blood line under To Death and etch with the cream to add it to the design.
Article Posted: 11/03/2019 04:26:01 PM