Thanksgiving Beverage Glasses
Add charm to your Thanksgiving with etched serving and home decor pieces from the Give Thanks Over N Over stencil collection. There are enough different Thanksgiving motifs that no two pieces will look alike unless you want them too. Etch dinnerware, serving pieces and glasses for a very special holiday table.
Please note: These projects were etched with the Made to Order stencils which have been discontinued. However, the Over N Over Give Thanks stencil sheet has similar motifs, so we left these projects available to inspire you.
- #15-0200 Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream
- #12-7032 Designer Series Rub N Etch-Script Letters (or letters of your choice)
- #61-3328 White Rub N Buff (to make the etching stand out more if needed)
Preparation and Usage Starting Skills
- Prepare the glass. Depending on your skill level, decide what words you want on your jar. The example has Happy Thanksgiving in a half circle (skill level: experienced). To apply the letters in this manner, tape a paper circle to the glass as a guide. Rub down the letters along the upper edge of the paper guide, following the arch, but do not apply the stencils onto the edge of the paper. If your skill level is a beginner or intermediate level, you can place the letters straight across, one word over the other or use the Thanks pre-made stencil from the stencil sheet. Make sure you overlap the edges of the letters side by side. Fill any gaps with overlapping masking tape. Apply the turkey stencil or one of the other designs from the stencil sheet under your lettering.
- Apply masking tape surrounding area of the stencils and cover areas.
- Apply Armour Etching Cream, while being sure to follow the instructions on the bottle.
- Use glass coloring etch on top of etched regions to define the glass etched regions.
Article Posted: 03/09/2017 03:18:05 PM